CONNEXIONs addresses a number of multidisciplinary Research & Innovation Objectives, Technological Objectives, User Oriented Objectives & Impact Making Objectives.
- Information extraction from multilingual and multimedia content
- IoT data propagation and analytics
- Multimodal information integration and retrieval
- Multimodal information correlation and delivery
- Immersive environments for improving situational awareness and investigation capabilities
- Operation command (OpCom) centre for real-time management
- System development and integration
- User requirements definition, field demonstrations, end-user evaluation and training
- Legal and ethical framework and societal impact
- Exploitation and sustainability
- Dissemination and collaboration
CONNEXIONs aims to improve the capabilities of officers across the board by encompassing the entire lifecycle of law enforcement operations.
- Provision of better tools tailored to the needs of LEA officers to support them in their daily work.
- Prevention of more terroris endeavours.
- Better identification and understanding of criminal and terrorist activities.
- Improved investigation and training capabilities.
- Rapid crime solving to reduce: societal distress, investigative costs, impact on victims / relatives.